Thursday, March 24, 2011

Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my blog!

My name's Jenn, and this is my first real attempt at blogging, so bear with me. :) I decided to create this blog so I would have another venue for promoting adoptable dogs in the Miami Valley.

I've always been a dog lover, and I'm currently the owner of the world's most spoiled Dachshund. Lost dogs have had a way of finding their way to me, and I've always been able to return them to their homes. But I never truly got into animal rescue until February 2011, when the City of Piqua raided Jeff Burgess's One More Chance Animal Rescue & Adoption. As soon as I learned that 108 dogs were being mistreated & neglected in my hometown, I knew I had to volunteer. For six weeks, I spent weekend mornings walking dogs, scooping poop, hauling water buckets, and washing food dishes...and couldn't have loved it more! The dogs were incredible--they were all SO excited to see us, and watching them come out of their shells week after week was very rewarding. I also met a great group of people who love dogs as much as I do!

As the weeks passed, I took to Facebook to "promote" the dogs I'd befriended while volunteering--doing everything I could to spread the word about the wonderful adoptable dogs I'd met. I'm happy to report that all 108 dogs have either been adopted, found foster homes, or placed with REAL rescue organizations! I'm currently looking for other shelters I can volunteer at, and plan on using this blog as a place to share the profiles of dogs I've met who are looking for homes. Please share the link with your friends, family, coworkers, etc. - anyone who might be interested in adopting a dog!

Thanks,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment