Monday, April 18, 2011

UPDATE on Sally & Sarah! **HAPPY ENDING ALERT!**

**UPDATED 8/28/11**

HAPPY ENDING ALERT!!!  I'm VERY happy to report that Sally & Sarah are now a permanent part of their foster home - they have found their forever home!  They are being spoiled rotten and everyone just loves them!  :)

**

Hi!

Remember Sally & Sarah, who I featured in my entry on April 12th?

http://miamivalleydogblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/sally-sarah-in-urgent-need-of-good-home.html

I wrote to Sue, the woman who had written to Dream 4 Pets in the hopes she could get help rehoming these sweet gals - I wanted to know if she'd had any luck finding a new home for them.  Here's what I learned, in Sue's words:

"Sally and Sarah are now in a temporary home and are doing well!  They are scheduled to have dentals on 4/26/11 -- Sarah needs to have a few teeth pulled.  Once we get them through the dentals, then we will readdress the need for a permanent home for them

Although I am going to continue to hope that their 'temporary' home might become permanent, I can't assume that at this time, and have to continue working towards a permanent place.

They are very loving dogs, very well behaved, and enjoying their new lives which includes inside access.  So, it appears, despite a life spent mostly outdoors, that they are doing well inside also."

She's going to send me an update in early May, once the gals are done with their dental work.  In the meantime, if you know anyone who would like to give these two wonderful gals homes, please e-mail Sue at Drsuerdvm@aol.com!

"Old dogs, like old shoes, are comfortable.  They might be a bit out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
~ Bonnie Wilcox


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the quote ;) I'm glad they have a temporary home and hopefully soon will have a forever home! Thanks for all you do Jenn!

    ReplyDelete