Friday, April 1, 2011

Updates, media, and meetings, oh my!

Hi! If you're new here and are reading this because you saw my letter to the editor in the Sidney Daily News, welcome! Please bookmark your site and visit often - I'll be profiling as many dogs as I can! The sweetheart on the left is a female 6-month-old lab mix currently available at the Miami County Animal Shelter. Contact them at (937) 332-6919 if you want to give this adorable little girl the home she deserves! (Her ID number is #0308d!)

Now I'd like to update you on the two dogs who, have for the most part, been the main focus of this blog so far--Mandy and Sprocket! I'm happy to report that Mandy was adopted into a great home this past Tuesday! Sprocket was, at last check, still available at the Darke County Animal Shelter--though he's become quite the local celebrity over the past two days! Yesterday he was featured in articles in the Piqua Daily Call and Greenville Daily Advocate, and today the Sidney Daily News published my letter to the editor about him. Also yesterday, WHIO TV (Channel 7) sent a camera crew to Darke County to visit him--he got a two-minute segment on the evening news all to himself! Hopefully his fifteen minutes of fame will pay off and he'll find a wonderful home! (I also want to thank all three newspapers and WHIO TV for helping me bring attention to him!)

In other dog-related news, last night I went to my very first D.R.E.A.M. meeting - that stands for Dedicated Rescue Efforts for Animals in Miami County. It's a group of folks like me who want to do whatever they can to help animals in our area. They ultimately want to open a no-kill shelter, but for now are focusing on developing a spay/neuter program and fostering as many animals as they can. I'm definitely going to be volunteering at their events and doing what I can to help the group achieve their goals! You should definitely visit the group's site at http://www.dream4pets.org/ - it's full of lots of good information and also has a schedule of the group's upcoming events!

Well, I'm going to sign off for now--thanks for reading, and visit again soon!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment